Learn To Sew!
You’d like to learn to sew your own beautiful creations? How wonderful!
Why not treat yourself to a short course or day class, and begin (or delve deeper into) your new interest, from a firm foundation?
Opulent Stitches courses will give total beginners the confidence to start sewing, and help intermediate and advanced sewers take the plunge into more complex techniques, even machine embroidery.
- Courses can take place over several weeks, or a weekend, in small groups either at Opulent Stitches, or your own home or a nearby venue.
- Each day class is 3 hours long, and a list of required materials is provided. Weekend classes cover subjects in depth, and for those with a shorter schedule, there are introductory taster days.
- The class covers a single project, and builds upon the last, to give you the tools you need to decorate your life with beautiful self-made creations.
At your own pace, you can learn:
- Setting up your sewing space
- Which machine to buy
- How to use your machine
- Tools you need
- Choosing fabrics
- How to read a pattern & cut fabric
- Basics of machine embroidery
- Simple sewing projects
- Topics adapted to your level
- Tote Bag
- Baby clothes & Christening Gowns
- Bridal Gifts & Necessities
- Embroidery on a piece you own (ask about specifications)
- Clothing (from simple to more advanced, depending on your level)
- ..And SO much more!
Choose the style and level that suits you best.